Friday, March 5, 2021

DAY SIXTY-TWO OF COOKING COURSE

 I woke up and felt better today.  I decided it was time to get back to cooking after three days of a hiatus. I made Vietnamese Fresh Spring Rolls and Dipping Sauce.  It was fun to make them.  I am getting really good at rolling spring rolls/burritos/wraps.  I used to be horrible at it but when you have to make 15 spring rolls in 30 minutes, you get pretty good super fast. 

The spring rolls are the fresh kind with tofu, mushrooms, carrots, lettuce, cucumber, noodles, mint, cilantro, and I put purple cabbage for some crunch.  They were super tasty alone but with the dipping sauce they were even better.  The dipping sauce was sugar, lime juice, vegan fish sauce, and water.  On top of the dipping sauce I put cucumber, peanuts and cabbage.


 

This filled up my whole afternoon.  I passed along two spring rolls to my dog walker and I ate six for dinner.

Then I watched Raya and the Last Dragon. I bought an early viewing for myself.  It is very entertaining and the story is empowering.  We need to put our differences aside and get along.  Perfect timing!  

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!