Saturday, March 20, 2021

DAY SEVENTY-TWO OF COOKING COURSE

 I continued Korean food today by making Mango Vinegar Pickled Limes.  It is vinegar that has vinegar, limes, mango, and sugar all in a jar and it is kept for two weeks.  At the end of the two weeks, the vinegar is used in another recipe.  I have been told the mango is good to eat.  We shall see.


I found out that another jar is not made out of tempered glass.  I poured boiling water in the container to sterilize it and it cracked the glass.  I guess the jar is for containing only.  

I opened up my box from Chewy and found a 25 pound bag of dog food.  I don't remember buying a 25 lb bag of dog food nor is it the correct brand.  It also has a hole in it.  I called Chewy and they are taking it back not only because it is not what I normally buy but also because it has a hole in it.  They are sending me my normal 8 lb bag of dog food.

I started to hear noises.  Weird noises.  I thought it was the bird.  But it wasn't.  Then I thought it was the ice maker but it wasn't.  It was coming from the 25 lb bag of dog food.  I put the bag back in the box it came in and sealed it back up and put it on my porch.  If there is something in the dog food, they can have it back.  I do not want it in my house.  There is enough food in that box to keep it busy for about... 25 lbs worth of time.  If it gets out, it will be outside and it can go frolic with the rest of the animals in the wild.  Just not in my house.  Maybe it was just my imagination but I swear I heard something and Lucky kept circling that box and barking at it.  

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!