Tuesday, March 16, 2021

DAY SIXTY-NINE OF COOKING COURSE

 Okay, not every recipe works out the way it should. Today I cooked Korean Savoury Pancake - Pajeon.  It all started out right.  I made all the ingredients correctly and laid them in the pan right. But then I had to flip the pancake.  It was a mess. The lady in the video made it look so easy.  I tried a second pancake and that did not go much better. 

It tastes delicious but looks like a mess.  There was a soy sauce that went over it.  Basically it is a tempura pancake with purple cabbage, red peppers, mushrooms and chickpeas. Then a chickpea flour and chickpea water combination poured over that and fried in a pan.  

I had a friend stop by for a distanced visit before he heads back to Hawaii.  It was good to see him.  We all thought we would be visiting him this spring in Hawaii.  Maybe next year.

I checked on getting a vaccine today.  I checked a box and an appointment came up. I was so unprepared.  I went through the MANY pages to give them my information. By the time I got to the end where I hit confirm, it said it gave away the appointment.  It was about 1.5 minutes.  What?!??  I guess they don't use a system like Ticketmaster where they hold your spot for a few minutes until you finish filling out your information!  This is crazy. No wonder people are frustrated.  By the time I went back to start over the appointments were all gone.  ERGH!  I am frustrated and I wasn't even trying to get an appointment.  I will try again tomorrow.

LUCKY UPDATE:  The vet called and they think Lucky may have overdone her walk.  They suggest I give her Gabapentin, keep her home tomorrow, let her sleep and recover.  They think it may be a muscle strain but they said to watch and make sure she didn't hurt a vertebrae. Today she tried to play for a few minutes so I think she will be fine.  I think drugging her for a day or two will do her some good.  Let her rest and recover.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!