Monday, July 3, 2023

THE CONTRACTORS RETURN

 The contractor’s guys showed up after back and forth texts with the contractor. He says he is stuck in South America taking care of a family emergency. I saw him on video and he looked like he was at a resort. He had a Hawaiian shirt on and he showed me how he can pick coconuts from a short tree. He says he will be back on Saturday. 

His guys brought the new flooring and ripped up the existing floor on the stairs. I can no longer go downstairs inside. I have to go outside to get downstairs. This arrangement happened so quickly that I didn’t get a chance to carry all the things I needed to downstairs. They say it will be completed on Saturday. I still won’t have a deck but the inside will be done. 

Meanwhile I have been busy. I finalized my trip to the East Coast. I contacted a friend in the northwest and arranged a weekend with her. Now I have something to do each month: July, August, September and October. 

I worked more on my home. A bit in my office, some downstairs. I had the guys carry my new eucalyptus wood table set downstairs. I also had them look at my grill. When they stacked the pieces of the deck, they rolled over against my grill and pushed the propane tank. I don’t need to cook my veggie burger and have the grill blow up in my face! I carried a bunch of stuff downstairs mostly to give away. 

Until tomorrow…

1 comment:

  1. East bound and down, loaded up and truckin'
    A-we gonna do what they say can't be done
    We've got a long way to go, and a short time to get there
    I'm east bound, just watch ol' "Bandit" run

    Keep your foot hard on the pedal
    Son, never mind them brakes
    Let it all hang out 'cause we got a run to make
    The boys are thirsty in Atlanta
    And there's beer in Texarkana
    And we'll bring it back no matter what it takes

    East bound and down, loaded up and truckin'
    A-we gonna do what they say can't be done
    We've got a long way to go, and a short time to get there
    I'm east bound, just watch ol' "Bandit" run

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!