Wednesday, July 26, 2023

MBSR COURSE #8 THE FINAL

 Today was the final MBSR online course. I was excited to meet one more time. Well, my pets decided they wanted to be part of the class! First Lucky would not lay down and paced the floors. Tick, tick, tick went her toenails. Then my bird, Sunny, decided to join the fun and started talking to himself and then screaming for attention. I was trying not to laugh during the meditation when Sunny was chattering to himself. He imitates a sound I make every morning; a sort of clicking. It was really hysterical to hear that while I am trying to meditate. He really liked the meditation leader's voice and every time he would talk, Sunny started to make noise. After a time of the screaming I finally put him to sleep (by covering his cage). 

Overall, the course was excellent. It helped me deal with some of the stress I have been going through as well as, the pain. I didn't meditate yesterday or today and I really feel a difference. I am not as calm. 

I had a situation today where a nice neighbor texted me to ask about the complaint made about me to the city. I had no idea there was a complaint made against me so I was shocked. It seems a neighbor is upset that I had construction done without a permit. I called my contractor and he told me that if there is no structural changes, no permit is needed. It left me thinking why would anyone make a complaint without knowing the facts? Why not ask me? I have one neighbor that I had some dealings with over the years and I suspect it is him. Normally I would have been very angry about something like this, but instead I was more interested in what makes a person do this type of behavior. 

I went to tai chi with my 82 year old instructor and was invited to join a tai chi class with a number of people on Saturday morning. I think I will go in a few weeks when I am not busy. Sounds fun.  My instructor has been teaching me each Wednesday morning and after learning the moves, I video him so I can practice at home. I chromecast it from my phone to the TV so it is like he is right in the room with me!

Anyway that was the majority of my day. I have to get up in the morning and meditate so I am going to sleep. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!