Friday, July 14, 2023

FAMILY VISIT DAY #5

 It was the final day of my family's visit. I had the morning to myself while they went to meet friends. I had my ex-foster kid's court date. I could barely see him. It ends up that I am on with the court for 4 minutes and have to wait 2.5 hours to be called by the judge. After that I had to work a couple of hours. 

In the late afternoon my family came by for take-out Chinese food. I ordered it while they were on their way over and the food arrived a bit after they appeared. We all had Chinese food around my very unused and old dinning room table. We talked and at about 8:45 they left to go back to the hotel. They fly home tomorrow early. 

One of my family, who loves animals, was warned not to feed or touch Lucky. It was a hot day and she is very grumpy. When we were eating, this family member decided to dip her finger in the sauce on their plate.  I asked them to please not feed the dog, especially soy sauce. Then later in the meal, this family member decided to try and pet the dog and, I think, pet her eyes. Well, the dog did exactly what she did last time; lunged, snapped and growled.  I can't say it enough, leave the dog alone. Lucky is an old grumpy dog that hates the heat. She wants to be left alone.

One of the things we talked about was travel. After they left I started looking up flights. 

That was the end to a very busy week. It was so great to see them and we made plans for the new year for me to go to them. 

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. Great visits are usually great when things are back to normal.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!