Sunday, July 16, 2023

MBSR ALL DAY SILENT RETREAT

Today was the day of the online silent retreat for my MBSR course. The retreat started at 9:30 am and went to 3:30 pm. I know what you are thinking. Did you stay quiet that whole time? Yes, I did. Okay I did talk to Lucky to ask her if she wanted to go pee but that was it. 

We did all sorts of meditation. Standing and laying down yoga meditation, walking meditation, body scans, counting meditation, qi gong, and more. It was a lot of up and down. 

I decided to do the first half out in the backyard. The weather was nice and my tree gives good shade. It was relaxing. I think I will do more meditation outside. 

After it was over, I went straight into a zoom on my book club. I hadn't read the book but I thought I would sit in and hear what other people thought of the book. It was a very interesting conversation to be a part of because the book had something to do with robot monks ghost that dial phones all kinds of crazy stuff. I promise to read the next book by Agatha Christie. 

I am already in bed at 7:30 pm. I did not sleep well last night because it was really warm in the room. 

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. that made med sleepy reading it. LOL Actually I have had a busy week so far and am I ever sleepy

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!