Wednesday, July 5, 2023

MBSR #4

I woke up early to go to Tai Chi. I recorded the instructor so I can practice correctly. He seemed frustrated that I did not practice. I need to commit to the practice sessions since he is volunteering to help me. 

 I am moving out more stuff. Today I took a huge bag of pills to a drop-off center. I am sure you know that putting old medications into the water system is causing problems for fish, tadpoles, frogs, etc. Not to mention our drinking water. I had a gallon plastic bag of old, unused medications to put in the drop box. I still have liquid, inhalers and lotions to get rid of. I need to find a location. 

I spent the rest of the day finishing the clearing out of my office. Once I had that finished, I worked on my bedroom and bathroom. Then I started on my living room. In my living room I still had old Christmas and birthday cards on a shelf. I am embarrassed to stay how many years worth but it was since Christmas 2019. I was just stacking them and thinking I would go through them and I never did. Yes, they were opened but I want to make sure I have the person's newest address and maybe there is something nice someone said. They are all gone now except the super nice ones. 

I have one full day and one partial day to finish the clearing out before the cleaning team comes. 

Today in the MBSR course we practiced meditative walking. It is a type of really slow and intentional walking. I think I do it by accident while I walk Lucky uphill. She goes very slow uphill these days. Super fast downhill and on flat areas. 

After writing my post last night I got a phone call on my cellphone. It was the second call that I received that dropped in the middle of the call. I could not call the person back because the phone was acting weird. I called the carrier and got tech support. The very nice woman figured out the problem and fixed the phone. It turns out that when it was sent to me, there was a button not checked and it was making the phone only work on the cell tower I was nearest. So when I was at the park with Lucky, the phone found that cell tower. It didn't switch to my cell tower so when I was on the phone, the phone was confused. The woman from the carrier fixed it and now the phone works fine. Phew!

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. i could use some office cleaning. do you do windows?

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!