Tuesday, May 24, 2022

VEGAN DEHYDRATED ZUCCHINI CHIPS

 Last night before I went to bed I sliced up a zucchini, added oil and spices and put the slices in my dehydrator. This morning I had Zucchini Chips. You are probably asking what in the world do they taste like? Honestly, they taste like Doritos! I really don't taste the zucchini at all. I really search for it and so far I have only tasted zucchini on one chip. Mostly I just taste the spices which taste like Doritos. They are crunchy and crispy. Here is the process in photos:






I put some vegan cream cheese on a chip to cool it down. 

Next I think I will dehydrate some apple slices. 

Today was another work day. All these clients are going out on leave at the same time and they all want their work done before they leave on leave so I am rushing to get it all done. Leave I say! Leave. 

My neighbor stopped me when I was walking Lucky one of the two times today and she said she wanted to coordinate our walks this week. I want to hear about her trip to Hawaii. It will be nice to talk to someone other than Lucky on a walk. 

I got some great reviews on the Lemon Crinkle Cookies. One neighbor asked for the recipe. They were a hit. 

I bought an indoor TV antenna. I know what you are thinking "What??" I wanted to watch the Scripps Spelling Bee. I watch it every year and this year it is not being broadcast on ESPN for the first time in forever. I guess they decided a spelling bee is not a sport or something. 😛It is being broadcast on a channel that is not included in many packages ION. I heard that if you have an antenna that gets local channels, you can get ION. I spent like $12 to get the antenna and it works. I am not sure if I get ION but it is still cool. No more being bored if the WiFi goes out. I can still watch local channels. I get about 25 channels but most of them I would not watch (shopping, news, other languages, kids shows, etc)  I started to watch an old black and white movie that looked funny before I stopped myself and got back to work. I just hope I get to watch the spelling bee. It is always so much fun to watch the kids spell such amazing words.  It stretches my vocabulary. 

Enough for tonight. Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. It reminds me of my mom in the 1970's she decided that she could not live one more year without fresh zucchini. My mom was blind and my Father did whatever she asked him plus a little.

    Mom sent dad to the store for zucchini plants and asked him to get 4. My dad decided that if 4 was what she wanted he would buy 8 and then thin them out. Well by mid June the plants were growing and I told my father hey looks like we have way more than anyone wanted.

    By mid July we were hip deep in zucchini and more was pouring in. No matter how mom tired she could not give it away, freeze enough or eat it. We had zucchini for every meal and snacks.

    This little drama continued to play out to the point that my father was throwing away 3 times the amount he took inside. Later that winter we were still eating the stuff.

    My mom sent me to the garage to get some for dinner. I told dad what i wanted and he got int he freezer and he picked up 3 trays. One tray to take to your mom and two to throw away. LOL Mom never knew the extent to which we tossed the zucchini. Worse yet the next year and for many years after we kept having zucchini in our little garden. We could not kill it. Lord knows my dad and I tired.

    When mom died, he moved. I told him it as to escape the zucchini monster. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to say that was a sweet story but I can see where too much of a good thing can be too much. Too much zucchini is too much. LOL

      Delete

Would love to hear what you have to say!