Monday, December 20, 2021

VEGAN SUGAR CHRISTMAS COOKIES

 What a day. I called to see if the veterinary office had any cancellations this morning and they didn't. Then 20 minutes later they called me back with an appointment. It was so nice they remembered me and could get Lucky in. Unfortunately it screwed up my plan for the day. 

I couldn't really get to the icing of the sugar cookies before the vet appointment because I didn't have enough time. So I did some more decorating. I put more ornaments on the tree. 

When we went to the vet appointment, I was driving and I looked ahead of me. There was a person standing between two parked cars like he was waiting for an Uber. I saw a car pull up and once again I thought it was an Uber. Then in seconds the man smashed a parked car window where he was standing, grabbed a suitcase type bag, and jumped in the car that pulled up for him. It happened in seconds. Since I was sitting at a stop light and my light turned green I ended up right behind him. I grabbed my phone and took a photo of the car and license plate. The car was caught at a red light for seconds so I got a good photo. Thank Android for the shake feature that turns the camera on. Then he turned on the same street I wanted to turn on but I thought he saw me take the photo so I didn't turn on that street and went to another street. I went back to find the car with the broken window but by the time I made it back the car had left. So crazy! Don't leave anything in your car in sight! People will steal anything.

Lucky had an appointment where the tech took fluids and checked her Giardia. I wanted the Giardia check after she got sick again this weekend again. It is an non-invasive test.  

 
When I got home I started the icing process. With royal icing the best thing to do is to make the icing thick and outline the cookie. I did that first. Then after my doctor's appointment, I did the other part, the flooding. That is where you fill in the part you where you outlined. The icing is thinner and the outline keeps it inside. I think the cookies look pretty good. I realized half way through I was unprepared. I didn't have the necessary tools and that made the process take longer. I know better for next time. 

 Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. Wow what a day! Tell us tomorrow how Lucky is doing. The cookies look great !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Lucky is doing better. No word yet from the doctor.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!