Friday, December 10, 2021

DAY TWO HUNDRED OF COOKING COURSE

 Today is a momentous day. I am celebrating my 200th day of my cooking course. In just over one year I cooked 200 days of the cooking course. I have cooked about 53 dishes through this course in 200 days. Some of the dishes take multiple days. Like the croissants took two days. 

Today I baked a vegan savory sweet potato strudel. It has a yogurt topping. It is simply delicious. It has quinoa, red peppers, parsley, and sweet potato. It was so good I ate two pieces for dinner. The topping really makes the dish. It is slightly lemony. 



It was a whole day adventure making it. 

I had a zoom with a woman from the arthritis group I am in. She was just diagnosed and I thought getting some perspective might help. I wish someone had spoken to me when I was first diagnosed.  I was convinced I was going to be in a wheelchair in 10 years. I let her know she was not alone and that what she sees now is not what the world would be like in 10 or 15 years in the future. There are new medicines every few years. New breakthroughs. I told her she needed to be kind to herself now and figure it all out. 

Today my annual ornament showed up. Yay! Only it wasn't the ornament I ordered two days ago, it was an ornament I ordered about a month ago. I forgot I ordered an ornament and when I looked in my email I didn't see a receipt, so I ordered another one. So this year we will have two ornaments!! Luckily the second ornament was inexpensive and 50% off. 

That was basically my day. 

Until tomorrow...

4 comments:

  1. Applause for number 200 and sharing time with a connect group member

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey that looks pretty tasty. Send me 12 orders. Oh and some dipping sauce. :)

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!