Wednesday, December 15, 2021

EPIC FAIL OF THE CHRISTMAS COOKIES

 I started out my day with a plan to make a new recipe of a cookie. It was a non-vegan cookie but it had a vegan variation. I had to run out to the post office to mail some letters and luckily ran out before the torrential rain came down. I made the dough for the cookies, I rolled them into balls and added the almonds. Then I put the baking sheet in the oven. 10 minutes later I look and the cookies are no longer balls but flat. These cookies are supposed to be balls. I pulled the cookies out and thought maybe the oven temp was wrong. I changed it and did another sheet of cookies. You can see I learned from when I made the pies and only put one sheet of cookies in at a time. 

The second sheet of cookies came out better but still spread too much. Then I decided maybe I didn't put enough binder in the dough so I put a little bit more in. Then I put the dough in the freezer after I made the balls. I put them in the oven and this was the worse spreading ever. It looked like honeycomb. 

The funny thing is that the non-cookies tasted great. I gave some to the dog walker because he said he was interested in taste not looks. I ate too many of the non-cookies. I got rid of the sheet that looked like honeycomb but the non-cookies I kept to give to my neighbor and to eat. So it was an epic fail.



I am going to be more conservative tomorrow and make a cookie that I know has been done before by another vegan chef. My fourth cookie is now going to be another cookie that I made before. I wasted a whole day today.

Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. Hey if they tasted great, nothing else really matters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been eating them slowly. I think they taste pretty good!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!