Tuesday, December 21, 2021

DELIVERED SOME COOKIES

 I called the veterinarian today and the test results were in but the doctor was out so I have to wait until tomorrow. The person at the desk did tell me that Lucky does not have Giardia so that is good news. 

I also did call the police about the incident I witnessed. Unfortunately since I was not with the people who had their car broken into I could not make a report. The car had driven off before I got back to the scene. The police told me to call right away if it happens again. I hope it doesn't happen again. Plus I was on a busy street, where was I going to pull over and call the police? I guess I could pull out my phone and call the police while driving and one would show up to ticket me! For those of you who know me, I have a 20 year old car with no hands-free bluetooth phone in my car. To make a phone call I have to actually hold the phone and get a $250 ticket. By the time I found a parking spot the people were gone. Anyway I did my civic duty or tried to. 

I packaged up the cookies and took them to a few neighbors today. One of the neighbors texted me that she ate "a couple of the shortbread cookies and they were really good!" She said she was going to wait and share them with her family who arrives in a few days. I told her I have extra and would be happy to give her more but not the shortbread, the orange cookies. She was so happy. 

 Tomorrow I will deliver some more.

Almost forgot: the rain has begun. We are supposed to get eight days of rain. I know we need rain but golly, eight days of rain. Ugh! A white Christmas, okay. A dreary, wet, cold Christmas, not what I signed up for. 

Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed about Lucky.

    One of our very nice neighbors brought us some bread yesterday. Always a treat. Which as always gets a call and a mailed thank you. Our sons will and grandchildren will be thrilled, we are over the moon since we do not back for the season. Yumm !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    That was so nice of your neighbor. Fresh bread is so nice. Happy Holidays!!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!