Friday, December 3, 2021

DAY ONE HUNDRED NINETY-SIX OF COOKING COURSE

 YES! I am back to the vegan cooking course!  I don't know if you are excited but I am. First, I wanted to take a little break from the pressure of the cooking course (I'll explain later) and the there were all sorts of tech problems. Why I wanted to take a break? I wanted to take a break because for just under 12 months I completed fifteen chapters of the cooking course. I should probably count the number of dishes I cooked but if it helps I have over 380 food photos of the food I cooked. Now not all of them are from the cooking course but I would say 98%. So about a dish per day for a year. Some of you will say, I cook dinner every day big deal! I get that. But those days that I cooked/baked; I made things like vegan sushi and then I made dinner. It was a lot of cooking/baking. I needed a break. I was tired of the pace not the cooking/baking. I was also holding down a very part-time job. Plus I did a lot of baking and cooking the week of Thanksgiving.

Then before Thanksgiving I had some tech problems with the program that had nothing to do with the actual program but with my gift cards that were not working. I had two gift cards and for some reason both of them didn't work. One was for one month and one was for one year. It took a bit of time to work it all out and I didn't want to get in the middle of a recipe and have my access turned off so I waited until the problem was fixed. It was fixed this week and I am ready to go. 

Today I made Vegan Blitz Puff Pastry Spinach Pie. They are cute little individual spinach pies. They taste so good I ate two of them right out of the oven. They are the savory opposite of the Pasteis de Nata - Blitz Puff Pastry with Vanilla Custard. These would make a great appetizer or party snack. 

 I would have a photo here but Blogger is having problems inserting photos. I will post it tomorrow.

I took a walk today to post a bill. I should not have done it because I should have rested my knee. 

Until tomorrow...


2 comments:

Would love to hear what you have to say!