Saturday, December 18, 2021

CHANGE IN THE COOKIE PLAN

 I don't know about you but I never got the notification about my post yesterday. If you didn't either, here is the link. It was a good post. I am not sure what happened. A glitch, a mistake on Google's end, who knows. 

I was going to make some Chocolate cookies from my cooking course but the cocoa margarine that I made a few months ago went bad and I didn't feel like making more so I couldn't make that recipe. I also can't bake the coconut cookie I wanted to make. I have to rethink the cookie plan.

Today I baked another type of cookie: Vegan Cinnamon Stars. It looked like a simple recipe. I got as far as the batter and I thought something was wrong. It was quite wet. I was concerned that it was too wet (especially after my epic fail with the cookie a few days ago) so I added more flour. It was still wet but just sticky. I cooked the first batch too much. I probably have about 35 cookies. The are little cookies. I put a lemon icing on them. 

While the batter was chilling, Lucky and I took a walk and saw some neighbors. We mailed some mail but did not go in the crowed post office. I need to wake up early and get my mail. 

Then we decorated a bit. I put lights out back on the deck and on the front railing on the stairs. I set up my little Christmas tree on the front porch. I put lights and garland on the fireplace and around the doorway. The tree was set up yesterday but I need to find the lights. I put my JOY in the window and will connect to the Christmas tree when I put the lights on. 

I am now relaxing with my feet up.

Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. you know the only way to have an epic fail is to have an epic try. So form 3 days ago, reward the try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the kind and supportive words. I am trying to learn from my mistakes.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!