Sunday, December 26, 2021

HAPPY BOXING DAY

 The day after Christmas is called Boxing Day because this was the day the masters of the mansion would allow the servants to go home to visit their family. They would give each servant a box of gifts, bonuses and/or food. If you have watched Downton Abbey you will remember the family giving the downstairs servants the day after Christmas the day off and the family had to fend for themselves while the cook made them cold platters to eat sandwiches for the day.

I spent the day on the couch relaxing. I finally made some vegan sweet potato, mushroom and broccoli curry at dinner time. It is really good. I made some rice to eat with it. 

Last night at around 11pm I heard a loud bang. I thought someone was trying to break in to my downstairs door. I went to go look and it wasn't my door but the fence between my yard and my neighbor's yard. A portion of the fence fell down. It was half laying down in their yard and leaning on their tree. The fence is also a security feature because their downstairs apartment has windows and a door on the ground floor. If someone got over the fence it would be easy to break in the apartment. I called my neighbor (not realizing what time it was) and texted him. I didn't get a response until the morning when he went out and did a temporary fix. He said they are going to install a new fence soon. It is clear the fence is rotted. He understood why I called at 11pm and was not angry. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!