Tuesday, December 28, 2021

LUCKY HAS AN UPPER RESPIRATORY INFECTION

 Another crazy day. I want a calm boring day. All night Lucky, my dog, was unable to sleep. Then at 5 or 6 am she started coughing and shivering. She coughed for about an hour. It was horrible. She had a hard time catching her breath and she was coughing so much she was almost vomiting. I finally called the veterinarian's office when they opened to get an appointment. They told me I had to wait until tomorrow afternoon for the first appointment. Then I called back and asked about an emergency appointment and they said come in immediately and the doctor could see her. It costs more money but I was nervous about waiting until tomorrow. I threw on clothes and brushed my teeth, we got Lucky in her harness and grabbed my mask and keys. We were just getting in the car when the phone rang. The vets office called to say there was a cancellation at 11:30am. We went back in the house to wait. Lucky had stopped coughing by then with all the adrenaline pumping. 

We drove to the office at 11am and the doctor took her in to see what was up. Of course she was not coughing but the doctor made her cough. Turns out she has an upper respiratory infection. So now she has a UTI and an upper respiratory infection. Poor thing. She is now forbidden to be around other dogs until she is better or one week. She could be infectious. Lucky will not be happy that she can't go out and play. Today she mostly slept under a blanket.  She is not coughing and the shivering has subsided. She ate dinner so that is good. I have to give her cough medicine tonight and when the antibiotics arrive I need to give her those. They need to come from another pet pharmacy.

 That was basically my whole day. Babying the baby. Making sure she is okay. 

Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. OOh poor baby !! Tell her Sheryl and I are thinking of her and hoping she feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will let her know. She is laying next to me sleeping. She is not liking all this medicine.

      Delete

Would love to hear what you have to say!