Saturday, December 4, 2021

DAY ONE HUNDRED NINETY-SEVEN OF COOKING COURSE

 Okay, here are the photos of my cooking from yesterday. I made Vegan Blitz Puff Pastry Spinach Pies. 


Don't they look delicious?  They are so good.

Today I made an Vegan Apfelstudel. Have you ever seen a grown person lick a plate clean? If you haven't, you should have been at my house this afternoon. I baked my first Apple Strudel and it came out fantastic. It was so good in fact, I licked my plate clean. 
 

 First, the apples🍎 were soft and warm. I used Craisins (dried cranberries) instead of raisins to give it a tartness. Not strudel realness, I know but I love Craisins. The chopped almonds gave it a bit of a crunch. The outside of the strudel was so thin and crispy that the minute my fork touched it, it cracked. It was sweet and tart and luscious. Then add on the Vanilla Sauce (the little pink bowl in the photo). OMG! The hits kept coming. It was creamy and oh, so vanilla. I swear if I eat another piece I will be in a strudel coma. But I hear the strudel calling out to me. Ich bin hier...

Besides doing Christmas cards the only other thing I did was follow around a little sick dog. Yes, her tummy was acting up again so she was walking around the house being miserable. Poor little doggie. 

Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry about your little dog. I hope she gets better soon.

    I would need to limit myself to one bit of the strudel. It looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little dog is doing fine now. Thank you! The strudel is very good. I have had rave reviews.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!