Wednesday, September 1, 2021

DAY ONE HUNDRED SIXTY-NINE OF COOKING COURSE

 Today was a roller coaster of a day.  I found out my Covid test results arrived this afternoon.  I am negative for Covid.  That is a relief.  I didn't think I had Covid but these days it is better to get a test and know for sure than to worry for weeks if I have a serious disease.  I am now sure I had an infection in my tooth that caused the fever last week.

I had a customer service rep call me today when I had a phone call scheduled for tomorrow to "see if I had time today" to deal with the issue.  I was eating lunch but sure.  There went 45 min of my day dealing with that and it was not fixed and now I have to have a tech come to the house tomorrow.  Ugh.

I tried to cook the final two French Pastries in my cooking course.  Once again it was a fail.  I was very disheartened when it was a disaster.  I bought a special baking powder that said it was phosphate free only to open it today and see it has phosphates.  Ugh.  The eclairs and paris-brest both fell and came out a funny color.  They were a mess.

It was a disappointment.  I was looking forward to a eclair.  I am not moving on to the Italian Pastries and Desserts.  I am leaving French Pastries behind.  Au revoir!

I had many family and friend communications today with Covid situations and weather issues so I ran out of time to walk. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!