Monday, September 27, 2021

BOK CHOY AND BAKED TOFU STIR-FRY IN GINGER-CITRUS SAUCE

 I wanted to use up all my veggies this time from my veggie box. Sometimes the veggies go bad before I can use them but this time I made a challenge out of it.  I did it.  I only have some lettuce, a red pepper and a celeriac left.  The celeriac will be used in my next cooking chapter Italian cooking.

I made bok choy and baked tofu stir-fry in ginger-citrus sauce tonight.  It is so good. It even looks good.


I worked with my new client today. 

Yesterday, Sunny the bird was screaming for an hour. Birds, if you don't have one, will sometimes scream. They do it for various reasons. Sometimes they are bored, upset, hungry. Basically, they are like people.  Sunny usually screams when he is hungry, when there is too much sun hitting him and he has a feather that is annoying him. Because of his overgrown beak, he is sometimes unable to pull out his own feathers so I have to do it. When I heard him screaming I went over to see if he was annoyed by something. He didn't have any feathers annoying him and he was fed.  Then I saw that since his wings had not been clipped in a long time, he was getting his wings caught on things in his cage. He was very unhappy about this. I took him out and let him climb on me for a little bit (the dog was put away to avoid a disastrous result) and calm down. Once I got him calm, I put him back. 

Today I took him to the bird store and arranged that the sales person would come outside and get him and have his "pedicure and manicure" as I call it. Wings clipped, beak trimmed and nails clipped. She was so nice and I waited outside. He is so quiet now. He always is after his trim. He doesn't like it one bit but is happy after it gets done. 

The sales person said when I need bird food I don't need to get it shipped, that she would come outside and bring it to me just like today. She was very nice.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!