Saturday, September 4, 2021

DEEP CLEAN AND SOUTHWEST SALAD

 My task for today was to deep clean the downstairs.  I got started early which was very good since the deep clean took 4 hours.  I dusted and boy did it need it.  Piles of dust everywhere.  I am sure the fires are not helping with the dust.  Then I cleaned the bathroom and that took a bit of time since I had to dust/clean in there also.  Then I went to putting things away and finally to vacuuming.  Oh, I almost forgot the almost 15 minutes I spent figuring out how to disassemble the wire dog cage so I can store it.  I had two dog cages for the last year and half in my bedroom and finally figured out how to store one.  I didn't have space to store it without disassembling it.  

Good news is that my ex-foster kids boxes are supposed to finally be moved after over 2 years out of my garage.  I am so happy.  They are taking up so much space that I could use to organize things.  What with all my Covid paper supplies taking up much needed space too.

After my four hours of hot, tiresome work, I took a shower to get all that dirt off me.  I felt so disgusting especially since I can't open the windows since the smoke in the air is over 100 (that is full on orange). Right now it is at 110.  That is not good for people with breathing problems.

Then since it was so hot I made a gigantic Southwest salad.  The salad had: tofu, lettuce, black beans, green peppers, parsley, tomatoes, corn, vegan cheese, and I made baked tortilla strips.  I made a dressing out of vegan mayo, ketchup and sriracha.  It was sweet and spicy.  It was a huge delicious salad.  

Then I sat down and watched Bombshell.  I never watched it before.  It was good.  Sad but good.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!