Sunday, September 19, 2021

HOARDER YOU SAY?!

 I forgot to mention that my Name Day Anniversary was last week.  My name day is a tradition in Europe where each name has a day where that name is celebrated.  My name day was last week.  I celebrated it with a piece of lemon meringue pie!  In Europe it is like another birthday. I kept mine low key.

Today I made soup.  I have been trying to use up my veggies before they go bad.  I purchased too many veggies that will go rotten quickly so I need to cook with them fast.  First I made the roasted veggies and now I made Swiss Chard, Potato and Chickpea Stew.  It is so good.  I mistakenly put a little too much paprika and cayenne but I think it adds flavor and would be good if I had a cold or flu.  It is an easy and tasty soup.  I used all my chard and a delicata squash.  Plus I used the leftover chickpeas from making the meringue the other day.  No waste! 

Lucky and I went on a walk today and ran into a masked neighbor and had a chat.  I tried to take it easy today.  I have a busy week ahead.

I finally filed some online paperwork for The-Insurance-Company-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named.  I have had the information for ages and the deadline is approaching.  It took some digging to get all the information back to 2008!  People laugh that I save this stuff but look, it came in handy.  Hoarder some might say. I say you never know when some paperwork comes in handy and you may be getting money back!

Until tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!