Friday, September 17, 2021

JUST A TOASTIE TODAY

I decided today was a bit of a rest day. Some of my ingredients are still coming from Amazon so I can't make the next recipe. Instead I worked even though I wasn't supposed to. I took a big plate of pie, cookies, and meringues to my neighbor for his road trip, gave my dog walker a big piece of pie for the weekend and ate a tiny piece of pie myself. 

For lunch I decided to make what they call a toastie in Australia. It is a grilled cheese here but I put some things in my grilled cheese and I am not sure if in the USA it would still be called a grilled cheese. I put vegan butter and mustard on the outside of the bread and put the bread butter side down in the frying pan. Then I put some mustard on the inside of the bread. Then I put vegan cheese. Then I put tofurky deli slices. Then I put more vegan cheese and mustard. Then I did the same thing with the other slice of bread; butter and mustard on the outside and mustard on the inside. I then put a heavy lid on the sandwich while it cooked to make sure the cheese cooked. 

It was ooey gooey goodness.

I walked 3,000 steps but I was in a rush because the dog walker came back early with Lucky.

Oh, had two pens that ran out of ink so I put them somewhere safe. I hate throwing away pens (plus these are special pens) because it is wasteful so I buy ink. I bought this special ink about a month ago but I looked everywhere and couldn't find it. I needed this ink to write on my special pad so I bought more more. It arrived today.  Wouldn't you know that as soon as the ink arrived, I could not find the two pens I put somewhere safe. But while I was looking for the two pens, I found the ink I bought a month ago! Then 10 mins later I found the two pens. Now I have lots of ink for the future!!!

That was my day.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!