Thursday, September 2, 2021

DAY ONE HUNDRED SEVENTY OF COOKING COURSE

 The Italian Chapter of the cooking course is treating me much better.  I started the Italian Chapter and I already baked my first recipe.  I made a Vegan Pandolce Genovese.  This is a sweet cake that originated from Genoa in the 16th century. It is traditionally served around Christmas time.  It can be made with dried fruits, raisins and spices.  It has a tradition where the first slice is given to the first person in need that you see, the second slice is wrapped up and saved until February 3 which is the day of Saint Biaggio, the protector of the throat and other ailments. The third slice is finally for the family, starting with the mother as she is usually the one who prepared the cake.

My Pandolce Genovese was made with chocolate chips and pistachios.  This sweet cake is round and has a thick brown crust and a light and fluffy interior.  It is so good.  The chef in my video said to eat it for breakfast.  




I also made coconut margarine.  It is an ingredient in some of the Italian recipes.  It was a science experiment.

I also had a tech come to the house for all of 5 minutes to fix something.  Nothing makes you feel more incompetent than when a tech shows up when you can't do something and they do it in less than five minutes.  But it is fixed and he fixed another one that I have too.  

I ordered all the Italian ingredients today and had some of them delivered today.  The rest will be arriving over the weekend.  

The air was orange today so going out was not in the cards.  

I was supposed to be on a virtual meeting with RA folks but there was no link in the invite and I didn't realize until 5 minutes before.  Probably just as well.  It was a busy day.  I have to spend tomorrow morning getting the garage ready for the washing machine tech to fix my washer.  I want to make the space easy for him to get around and right now it is not since my paint cabinet (right next to the washer) collapsed in the middle of the night and paint and paint cans went everywhere.  I think I am going to try to breakdown the cabinet tomorrow.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!