Monday, September 6, 2021

APRICOT & LEMON VEGAN PROTEIN BARS

I got up early this morning because today is my first masked, distanced backyard visit. I fed everyone (me, dog, bird) breakfast and then started to get ready. My visitors are notoriously early so I knew I needed to hustle. I put the umbrella on the picnic table, picked up dog poop, set the chairs 6' apart at least and started bringing things downstairs. My backyard is downstairs. I got all the food ready and had it waiting in the kitchen on a tray. I brought out the pitchers of iced tea and water. 

Then they arrived and I opened up my side entrance so they didn't have to come in the house. We met out back and sat down for four hours. I brought the food down and they ate. It was a pleasant afternoon. The smokey air disappeared for a day so we could enjoy being outside for their visit. 

The best part was that they understood the need for me keeping safe. It meant a lot since so many people do not understand why I have stayed in my bubble for so many months. People in my family and friends have gotten Covid and, yes, they have recovered. But will the same thing happen to me? Do I want to take the chance? No, I don't. 

I made these fun apricot and lemon protein bars. They were a hit.
After my guests left Lucky and I went for a mile walk. It felt good to walk after all that sitting.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!