Wednesday, September 15, 2021

WHAT TO DO WITH TWO CANS OF CHICKPEAS?

 The past two days I made vegan meringues using the liquid from two cans of chickpeas.  That meant I had two cans of chickpeas with no liquid in my fridge that I needed to cook quickly before it went bad.  I put out a plea on social media for suggestions.  I received many suggestions from hummus to curry to fried chickpeas to soup.  I knew I didn't want to make another curry since I just ate one.  Then my friend of 30 years from Sweden wrote and gave me the recipe of a Chickpea Stew.  It sounded really good. It was a stew with a mix of curry and Thai.  Tonight I made it and it is delicious.  I substituted basil leaves with keifer leaves and put in diced tomatoes instead of fresh tomatoes but the rest I kept the same.  So tasty. 

I had another day of lots of work.  I had planned to bake but found I had no time.  I dropped a plate of cookies and candies off to my neighbor.  

Lucky and I took a little walk between making this stew.  

Until tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!