Tuesday, December 1, 2020

DAY FOURTEEN COOKING COURSE & WORKING ON SORE HANDS

 I made Pumpkin and Potato Curry last night.  It is not on the Cooking Course Curriculum; it is on the supplemental cooking section.  I needed to use up the pumpkin from the pumpkin risotto I made on Thanksgiving.  It made a lot of Curry so I may freeze some for a later date.  It is a very different recipe than I made before because it has lentils in it.  It is good and I would make it again because it filling on a cold day.

Today I started my new schedule of cooking more recipes each day.  I started today with Sweet Pear with Red Wine.  I don't drink wine nor do I have any so I used sparkling non-alcoholic grape wine.  It seemed to work.  I cooked the pears.

This made the house smell so wonderful and Christmasy.  Once it was done cooking, I then put the pears in a container (I only had a vase big enough) and put them in the fridge. 

They stay there for 24 hours and then I get to finish the recipe. Stay tuned for Pears Part II.

Simultaneously I was making a Fennel Salad.  It is fennel and orange and a dressing.  It was so light and delicious to eat.

Once I gobbled the salad down, I started in on the third recipe.  It was Pesto alla Trapanese.  This recipe didn't go quite as easy as the other two.  I tried halfing the recipe and I am not sure what went wrong but it didn't get a creamy as the guy in the video.  It still tasted fantastic, tart and like I wanted to spread it on a piece of toast.  It just doesn't look as creamy.

It was a cooking day and I got a lot of things accomplished.  

I have been having sore hands and I hope it isn't from all this cooking.  Using knives and peelers is hard on my hands.  Peeling things for some reason is really hard on my hands.  Today trying to peel three pears was SO hard and I was trying to come up with ways to do it easier. I finally used a cloth to hold the slippery pear since trying to hold a slippery pear hurts to much.  I need to find better ways to do things in the kitchen so I am not hurting my hand and wrist joints. I will focus on making it easier.

Today is World AIDS Day.  Time to remember the people lost to AIDS.  

Until tomorrow...







Stiff hands. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!