Monday, December 14, 2020

LEAK IN MY ROOF

 I decided to keep up keeping my foot elevated.  My foot feels so much better but I know from experience that if I go back to "normal" I will be back to having a painful heel again.  So I am taking it easy for a few more days so the cooking has to wait a few days.

But today was filled with deliveries.  I had an Amazon delivery of food, an Amazon delivery of packages, a postal delivery of a package and the dog walker picked up and dropped off the dog.  I also called the roofer about the leak that I heard in the wall.  

Friday it started raining for the first time in months.  I was sitting here quietly and I started to hear a tick tick tick.  I could not figure out where it was coming from.  Finally I figured out it was in the wall between two windows.  I put my ear to the wall and it sounded like water was dripping in the wall.  I looked outside and no water was significantly dripping on the outside and none was dripping on the inside.  It was weird and distracting.  I called my roofer (who put in both my roofs) the next morning and his mailbox was full.  A year ago when he was here fixing a leak, he was very ill with cancer and taking chemo treatments so I worried that maybe he was very ill or worse.  This morning I called again and he answered.  I was so relieved not because I like him as a roofer but because he is such a nice and generous in spirit guy.  He is also funny.  He arrived at my house (yes he came right over!) and checked it out and found a crack in my terra-cotta roof.  He is going to come back in a few days and fix it.  When he got off my roof he said "Oh, have I been here before? The person who did your roof was good."  Then he laughed at his joke!  Crisis averted.

Now I am watching a local online Christmas/holiday event that is in it's 27th year.  They are doing a very good job so far.  It is getting me into the spirit for sure.  All these carols are wonderful.  

Oh, I almost forgot to tell you.  The dog walker took Lucky to the beach today and there are King Tides. He is being careful but today Lucky fell into a tide pool.  She was walking along a thing and she fell off and fell in.  Then before he turned around she ran up a hill because she got scared.  He sent me a picture and I could not find her in the picture she was little on the hill.  She really likes to climb!  


If you look closely you can see little Lucky in that red circle.  She is a daredevil for sure. She is sound asleep next to me now.  She had a big day.

Until tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!