Sunday, December 27, 2020

END OF YEAR GRATITUDE

 I think of gratitude every day.  I write in a gratitude journal every night.  For those who don't know, a gratitude journal is a place where you write what you are grateful for. Some people do it every day, others do it weekly or every now and then.  I like to do it every day to remind myself (especially now) of all the things I am grateful for.  Some times it is small things like a beautiful sunny day or a good dinner.  Other times it is that someone called me or went me a card or text.  Other times it is that someone did something nice like take in my garbage cans or pick up my mail or bring me Christmas treats.

Back in 2014 I posted a blog posting where I wanted to do a month of gratitude for the month of December.  Then calamity occurred.  Four days later I had my bike accident and concussion the day before Thanksgiving.  Then on December 11th I was running to answer the door and cut my leg sending me back to the hospital for stitches. Then on December 20th my friend took her own life. It ended up being a crazy month and I guess I forgot my month of gratitude.  I certainly had a lot to be grateful for that month: I survived the bike accident, the cut on my leg only left a scar and although my friend took her own life, she is in peace.  I miss her dearly and we got to be in each other's lives for 15+ years.

In this last week of 2020, I am spending time thinking of the past year and really concentrating on the gratitude I have felt for whole year.  It may be that a person sent me a text during a difficult time or may be that a friend really stuck by me during the entire Covid-19.  I think it is important for me to really think about gratitude big picture for 2020.  That is my task for this week while the year comes to an end.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!