Sunday, December 20, 2020

CLEARING OUT THE MESS IN THE LIVING ROOM

 I decided it was time to pick up the living room.  Or as I call it "my office".  The living room has sort of been transformed into my makeshift office during the past few months.  It is just easier with the dog and constant deliveries.  My real office is in the back of the house where I get great sun and I look out over trees.  I chose it because it is relaxing.  But during Covid-19 it is not relaxing because everything I need is in the front of the house.  The dog, the front door, the windows for me to look out to see what delivery is happening, etc.  If I am in the back of the house, I have to keep jumping up to see if a delivery was made because we all know that not all delivery folk ring the doorbell.  That is how a package was stolen once.  The delivery person delivered a box but never rang the doorbell and the box sat for 1.5 days before it was stolen.  I was sick so I never went outside and didn't check the front door.  I am now very neurotic about checking the front door for packages.

So, I really cleaned the area up.  I found my election packet from November, a bunch of notes that are weeks old and old envelopes.  The pile went from 3.5 inches to .5 inches.  My living room looks so organized now. I finished the Christmas decorations and the house looks more festive. 

I made the bags for the treats for my friends.  I made four things to put in the bags: shortbread cookies, oatmeal raisin cutout cookies, chocolate coins with orange or lemon zest, and chocolate with almond butter inside with sea salt.  I think people will like them.  Just a little bit of sweetness on Christmas.  

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!