Saturday, December 12, 2020

TUTORING AND ACHILLES TENDONITIS INJURY

 This weekend I am going to be tutoring my foster child.  He needs some help in school and I volunteered to help out.  It is a test to see how much high school math, science and English I can recall.  I don't hold out too much hope for remembering but I can see how much I can figure out.  I have a Master's degree so I feel I am pretty smart.  I think I can probably problem solve freshman high school work.  

I just ended my first tutoring session and it was science.  It was mostly watching videos about science things and writing about what you saw and felt about it.  That is right up my alley.  I excel at those questions the most.  Then the rules to our tutoring session were not complied with and the tutoring session was ended.  One of the rules was that there was no fooling around: listening to music, texting, social media, and general fooling around.  I warned him and he ignored the warning and I had to shut it down.  Rules have to be followed.  We will try again tomorrow.

I tried to ride my exercise bike and I had this pain in the back of my heel.  I am a bit worried I have Achilles Tendonitis.  This is a self diagnosis.  If it is, I need to stay off my foot for a few days or longer to let it heal.  Maybe I switched from 30 minutes to 45 minutes to quickly.  Maybe I walked too much this week.  Who knows?  I just want to heal it quickly and not let it get bad.  I am lucky that I am inside and can afford to sit around.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!