Thursday, December 10, 2020

DAY NINETEEN COOKING COURSE

 I know I promised pizza today but I realized that I didn't have the right flour. After the debacle with the pasta dough, I didn't want a repeat so I bought the right flour.  The flour will be delivered on Saturday.  Then I will start the two day process to make pizza dough.

Instead I made Ribollita.  Ribollita is a Tuscany Soup.  It is also a bread soup meaning it has bread in it.  There are no spices in the soup but salt and pepper.  The flavor comes from the vegetables in the soup.  It has fennel, leek, carrot, celery, kale, spinach, beans, and potato.  It is a thick soup kind of like a stew due to the bread that goes in the soup.  It has very little liquid in it.  The recipe mad enough for three bowls and I can't wait to eat them.  

I received a phone call from the rheumatoid arthritis doctor's office today.  They were calling to schedule an appointment for January.  They asked if I wanted to come in or do it virtually.  Uh, virtually please!  

Then I had to call my eye doctor to get a prescription.  My sjogren's is acting up and my eye got so dry that I have another eye situation.  I got out my prescription and put it on my eye and then I looked at the expiration date and it said Jan 2020.  Oops.  It is too old for the pharmacy to get me a refill so I had to call the doctor's office and the nice doctor questioned me.  She wanted to make sure I knew what I had.  Yes, I do, the same thing I always get.  So, she called in the prescription and I should get it on Monday.  Meanwhile I will just keep using the expired prescription.  I am sure it okay.  I look at it sort of like expiration dates on soy milk.  Yeah, it is a day past but does it still smell okay?  Then I would still use it.  It will be fine. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!