Monday, December 7, 2020

DAY SEVENTEEN COOKING COURSE

 Today was a day of learning.  I started with vegan Panna Cotta.  Last night I got ready by putting the frozen strawberries and a can of coconut milk  in the refrigerator.  This morning I used the strawberries to make Strawberry Coulis.  I used the firm cream part of the top of the coconut milk to make the cream base of the Panna Cotta.  

It is a two step process that took hours.  I tried Panna Cotta many years ago and didn't like the texture.  My opinion has now changed.  I really liked this panna cotta.  The cream portion was not that texture from years ago, it was much firmer.  The strawberry coulis was sweet but tart and the lemon zest made it taste so good I wanted to lick the bowl.  


While the Panna Cotta was chilling, I started my pasta dough.  The recipes from the cooking course have many of the measurements in ounces and grams.  Since the recipes are from Europe, I didn't know they use different measurements for different items.  Well, I found out today.  I measured out the ingredients for the dough and put them in the mixer.  It was not right and too runny.  That was mistake number 1.  Then I tried to fix it.  That was mistake number 2.  I finally had to bail on that try at dough and start over.  I found a conversion app and started again and this time it looked right.  It is chilling in the fridge.  Tomorrow will be the day we find out if I can make pasta.

Until tomorrow...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!