Thursday, December 24, 2020

DAY TWENTY-SIX COOKING COURSE AND CHRISTMAS EVE

 It is Christmas Eve.  I can't believe the end of the year is almost here.  It feels like it was just March in some ways.  In other ways it feels like ages since this year began.  The living room is decorated but not the whole house as usual.  I have a "disco" silver tree and my fireplace is decorated a bit.  There are no lights outside except on my back balcony.  I took out my Christmas throw and my stuffed Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer characters.  I put on my Cindy Lou headpiece for a zoom call.  I gave out homemade chocolates and cookies.  It was all I wanted to do this year.  It is enough to get me in the spirit and get me through.  I have been watching Christmas movies and shows non-stop for weeks.  The presents are under the tree and I am having to keep Lucky from getting to curious.  The day is almost here.

I spent 4 hours today cooking.  I really want to have a good meal tomorrow.  I made the Vegan Jus from the Fond I made yesterday.  Basically it is gravy.  It seems to taste good.  I am sure it will be great tomorrow on the Roulade and baked potato.  

Then I made a Vegan Quiche Lorraine.  I am not sure what makes a quiche a "Lorraine" but I put other things in my quiche.  The recipe called for leek, onion and spring onion.  That is too much for me!  I would be sick for a week.  I put the leek in and then I put some red pepper and zucchini.  That is more my speed.  It did make it wetter so I had to cook it longer.  Yes, I did saute them prior to putting them in the "custard".  It still seemed to take longer to cook.  I used a trick that I saw on The Great British Bake Off to keep my crust from burning with the longer bake time; I put foil just on the crust for the last 30 minutes.  It really works!  The quiche came out great and I really like it.  It also has smoked tofu in it.

I had a small piece for dinner and it was yummy.  I can't wait for breakfast to have another piece.

Just want to slip in a photo of Lucky because she is so cute in this photo.  She is saying "What? Are you talking to me? Are you getting me something for Christmas?"  So funny!

Happy Christmas Eve!  Tomorrow is another busy day.  

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!