Friday, December 4, 2020

DAY SIXTEEN COOKING COURSE

 I woke up early to go to the post office. I got cooking early by making the Castagnaccio (Chestnut Cake) first. Castagnaccio is a typically autumnal dessert from Tuscany. It isn’t very sweet but it is nutty and would be good served with ice cream.


Then I continued to cook and I made Brushetta. I have never eaten brushetta before because I can’t eat garlic and brushetta has garlic. I made it with the amount of garlic I can tolerate. It was very good. I could see eating brushetta with a salad or soup. 

I had one more recipe to make and that is Bean Salad. I didn’t have the arugula for the topping but it is COVID time so I had to make due. This was probably the most disappointing dish so far. It was pretty tasteless. 
I got my delivery of jars. I was pretty surprised. I thought I ordered 3 jars to try them out. Well, shopping at night has struck again. I must have ordered 3 cases of jars (3jars in a case). I got 9 jars. Turns out I like them and they fit the space so it all worked out! They look great.
I am going to fill them with rice, sun dried tomatoes, cranberries, flour, and quinoa. I can’t wait.

Until tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!