Friday, December 18, 2020

DAY TWENTY-THREE COOKING COURSE

 I had a busy day in the kitchen.  I am super excited!  I made focaccia!  Can you believe it?  I made my first recipe with yeast.  It was quite confusing because the chef used fresh yeast and I used activated yeast.  So there was some converting going on.  I also didn't see my dough rise.  It did get softer.  I went with it and figured what is the worst thing that could happen?  

I made Schiacciata con l'uva - Sweet Focaccia with Grapes.   It tasted so good.  The grapes burst in my mouth and the focaccia was so sweet from the sugar.  

It took all day to make because I had to let the dough sit.  I had one slice.

During the down time I made Christmas Oatmeal cut out cookies with raisins.  They were fun to make and they are tasty.

Until tomorrow...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!