Friday, December 11, 2020

HAD TO LEAVE THE HOUSE

 Yesterday I was supposed to get my car inspected.  I say was supposed to.

A few months ago I got the notice in the mail that to register my car for 2021, I had to get my car inspected before the beginning of January.  I panicked.  Didn't they know there was a pandemic going on?  Didn't they know we were all supposed to be sheltering-in-place?  Didn't they know I was staying home to stay safe?

Obviously not.  If I wanted to keep my car on the road, I had to get this done.  So I found a place close by that I knew and that had little foot traffic.  I called and spoke to the guy about my situation (staying inside, autoimmune compromised, etc.) He said he could do it with little to no contact.  Okay.  I would go at 5pm on a day where he little traffic.  I went yesterday at 5pm.  I went a little early to top off my gas tank. (I even had time to finally return my library DVDs from FEBRUARY in the library return slot that just happen to be open.) Then I drove up to the garage door.  He was closed and the sign had his phone number.  I called him and he said his machine broke down.  He needed a part and would be open tomorrow.  Doesn't help me today.  I told him fine but he better call me tomorrow and let me know that the machine is working again before I schlep over again.  He promised to call.  

Fast forward to today.  He called me at 12:30pm to tell me the machine was fixed and I could come by at 3pm.  I was there at 2:50pm ready to go.  He wore two masks but he came way to close to me.  I think I have been inside for too long; people getting close to me is freaking me out.  I am not used to being around people.  He came close to me to hand me the paperwork to sign and when he wanted to get in the car.  I practically threw the paperwork back at him.  I had a mask and gloves and a face shield but still back up buddy!  

As I suspected the car passed and I was home in 25 minutes.  He said he rushed it for me. I think he could see how uncomfortable I was.  

Overall, it went well and the car passed.  I think when I get out of this house I will need to exit slowly and not hop on a bus right away, I may have an anxiety attack from all the people being so close!  

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!