Thursday, December 17, 2020

DAY TWENTY-TWO COOKING COURSE

 Boy oh boy.  I ate my dinner and then I started to feel funny.  At first I just felt funny.  Then I started to feel lightheaded.  Then I had a very unhappy stomach so I went to bed at 7pm and put a heating pad on my stomach.  I started to feel better and I wrote my blog and watched TV.  Then an hour or so later I was quite ill for about an hour.  Now, I know what you are thinking.  No, I don't have Covid.  

I think I had a bad reaction to eggplant.  I have never really eaten eggplant before.  I have only ever eaten canned soup that has very little eggplant in it.  If I order a sandwich and it has eggplant in it, I take the eggplant out.  Today was the first time I ate a significant amount of eggplant.  I had the eggplant salad for lunch and then I had the same eggplant salad for dinner along with the eggplant parmigiana.  I ate almost 1/3 of an eggplant in one day. 

In between getting ill, I looked up reasons for having a reaction to eggplant.  One is people who can't tolerate aspirin.  I can't take aspirin, it upsets my stomach.  I can't take medicines with an aspirin base.  Here I go eating on an empty stomach something that is basically aspirin.  No wonder I got so sick.  I think I will go back to avoiding eggplant.

I spent my day taking it easy but also cooking.  I did not make the pizza dough because it is too energy intensive.  Instead I made Panzanella - Tuscan Bread and Vegetable Salad.  I only took a small bite to see how it tasted.  It was good.  Tasty.  It looked good.  

Then I decided to take a short nap and watch Die Hard and get some client work done.  I was excited to hear that I am getting HBO Max.  I was scheduled to cancel HBO today because I was not getting HBO Max but then the premium channel gods shined down on me and settled the premium channel argument and HBO Max showed up in my lineup today.  Something else good happened this month!  

I made Christmas chocolates to add to the gift bags I am making for my friends.  I am going to have no contact gift bags that people can stop by and pick up.  So far there are Christmas cookies and now chocolates.  They are little chocolates with an almond butter mixture inside with Celtic sea salt (that someone in my family gave me) on top. 

I just tried one and they are amazing!  Not too sweet.  Not too salty.  Just right.  

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!