Friday, December 25, 2020

DAY TWENTY-SEVEN COOKING COURSE AND MERRY CHRISTMAS

 I just woke up.  I was watching TV and I fell asleep.  I guess I was more tired than I thought.  It was the opposite from a relaxing day.

Merry Christmas!  I got up and immediately started on the Chocolate Mousse.  I wanted to give it enough time in the fridge to set. It tasted so creamy chocolate with just a hint of orange zest.

After my breakfast of vegan quiche Lorraine, I opened presents and spoke to family members.  I received a number of the cooking equipment items that I put on my list.

I started on the Roulade and Baked Potatoes.  The Roulade started out good but then it took a turn.  I could not get the Roulade as thin as the chef on the video.  This caused the Roulade to brake when I cooked it.  The ingredients of the Roulade were different in mine.  The recipe called for sauted onions.  I made sauted red peppers, zucchini and leek. I included the mustard and pickles.  When I flipped the Roulade, it broke in half and didn't keep it's burrito shape. 

The Baked Potatoes were cooked in a pan with spices and oil.  

Once the food was all put together on a plate with the Vegan Jus (gravy) and Herb Butter for the potatoes the plate was complete.  The food was delicious while not pretty.  I ate so much my belly was full.  It made a delicious Christmas dinner.

I am happy I have enough to have another meal tomorrow.  Merry Christmas!

Until tomorrow...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!