Tuesday, December 29, 2020

PUTTING AWAY THE NEW COOKING ITEMS

 For Christmas I received a number of items for my cooking course.  Baking items like rolling pin and piping bags.  Saute pan and spring form pan.  Potato ricer and spiralizer.  I got the best cooking items.  I washed them all and now I have to find places in my small kitchen to put these items.  I spent 30 minutes reorganizing my pots and pans cabinet in order to fit my saute pan.  

Tomorrow I have a handyman coming and I am going to ask him if a shelf can be cut to be put in a cabinet to make more usable space.  If I can move my cupcake and pie tins to a shelf that is not to tall, it would make more space for other items that are bigger (such as my ice cream maker) to fit in the space that is taller.  Right now I would need to put the ice cream maker on top of the cupcake pans because there is no other place to put it.  I really need to rethink my space issues.  Reorganization is great but if I don't have the right size shelves it is requires some changes.

It is so great going through my kitchen and clearing things out.  I moved a bunch of items since I don't need two tin foils and three boxes of quart size plastic bags in the kitchen.  I can put them in storage in the garage until I need them.  I also cleared out a little bit of food that was bad and needed to be thrown out.  

The kitchen seems to be so much lighter since I started this reorganization.  There are so many other places I need to do this.  It is easy the way I have been doing it.  A drawer or cabinet at a time.  It seems so much more manageable that way.  

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!