Tuesday, December 22, 2020

DAY TWENTY-FOUR COOKING COURSE

 Breaking News: Vegan chef killed a pizza dough. She is sitting on her couch drowning herself with Sleigh Bells Ring tea and eating a Christmas cookie.  

Yes, it is true.  I tried to make the pizza dough today and it was a terrible disaster.  I think what went wrong was that I didn't have all the ingredients in little bowls all measured out like the chef in the video.  I was trying to measure them out as I went along.  That included cutting open the bag of flour and measuring the ingredients.  It just doesn't work when I am using yeast.  I have to be ready immediately with all the ingredients. No one told me this.  I was moving at a much slower pace and suddenly the yeast had done its thing and I was only part way there.  There was no going back once the yeast did it's thing.  So into the compost it went and I will live to fight another pizza dough battle when I get more flour.  Chalk this up to knowing how to work with yeast.  

I have never worked with yeast before last week and I can tell you, I am not a fan so far.  It is so complicated.  Frankly it is a miracle we have bread at all.  I find it so stressful.  I will try again.  A little pizza will not beat me.  But it will have to be after Christmas because that is when the flour is arriving.  Thank goodness.

Tonight I watched an online production of Estella Scrooge.  It was really good and way better than I expected.  First, it is a musical so if you don't like musicals it is not for you.  I like some musicals and I didn't mind this one.  There were a few numbers I could have done without but since I am in my own home and not a theater, I could pick up my phone or get up and walk around. Second, it had this amazing (some may not like it) almost animated background sometimes.  I thought it was interesting since it was made during Covid-19, they had to do something with the background.   Third, a couple of the characters were really good. The ghost of Christmas past was excellent.  I also likde Smike.  It is the story of Ebenezer Scrooge but really only the framework.  This has another sub-story that is nothing like the original story.  As you can guess the main character is a woman and it in present time (but not in a pandemic).  I would recommend it highly if this is your kind of thing.  It runs through the holidays.  I rented the on-demand ticket because I don't like to be pinned down if I don't need to because of my RA and how I don't always feel up to things sometimes. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!