Monday, November 30, 2020

STRESS IN JAWBONE

Two weeks ago I started getting this pain in my jaw well not really my jaw but in my gum line and jawbone. I thought this was maybe another cracked tooth or a cavity. So I started to get a little bit nervous I was going to have to do another run to the dentist and I was not happy about that. I wore my mouthguard diligently and I got some Orajel and put it on the spot.

Then last week it suddenly occurred to me that it was stress. Stress that was causing me to have this pain because I was grinding my teeth all night long and this was causing me to have pain in my gum line and my jawbone all the way up to my eye. So what I needed to do is get rid of the stress.

Now around this time we all have been having stress. It was around Thanksgiving, it was right after the election, Christmas is coming, and every time you turn on the TV all they're talking about is Covid infection rates rising. I had one added bit of stress and that was I was investigating solar panels and the added cost of that. I decided that the thing I needed to do was try and get rid of as much stress as possible. The first thing I did was I stopped the solar panel discussion. Then I began trying out things like yoga. Thanksgiving was then over so that was dealt with. I decided I'm not going to stress about anything about Christmas so I've taken that out of the stress bucket. Magically the pain in my mouth went away. It was not a cracked tooth or a cavity, it was stress. It is amazing to me what the mind does when you don't even realize it or when you're asleep and how your mind turns through things that you're not even aware of. My mind goes through stress, it works things and causes me to grind and grit my teeth. This is why I wear a mouthguard. But it's all gone now and the stress has flown away.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!