Thursday, February 10, 2022

RETURNING THE SOFTBOX

 My new photography softbox arrived yesterday. So, now I can pack up the broken softbox and send it back. The reason I could not send the broken softbox back before was that I had the inner boxes but I recycled the larger outer box. Therefore I could not put the inner box inside anything to send it back and I had to wait until the new softbox arrived to use the outer box of the new one to send back the broken one. 

 Today I packaged the broken softbox up and contacted UPS. They would not come get it unless I paid $14. UPS already came once but I didn't have the necessary box to package the broken softbox yet so I could not send it back. The UPS guy said they could come back. What he neglected to say was that it would cost me $14 to schedule a pick up. 

I called a local UPS pick up (that conveniently is across the street from a location where I used to live) and the owner remembers me. She is super nice and said if I brought it tomorrow, I could wave from outside and she would come outside to get the box so I didn't have to go inside her store. I always said it never hurts to be nice to people because you never know what the future brings. I remember when she went through a rough time with a family member and checking in on her. I am the kind of person who always knows people in their neighborhood. I say hi to folks. I strike up a conversation. 

Once I got that sorted. I decided to start making cookies for Valentine's Day. I got the batter made and rolled out. It is chilling in the fridge. Tomorrow I will finish cutting the cookies and baking them. 

I have a doggie with a tummy ache next to me. She is miserable. This week I haven't been able to give her much of her medicine and now her tummy is acting up. Poor baby. 

Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

Would love to hear what you have to say!