Wednesday, February 9, 2022

VEGAN CHOCOLATE BOMBS WITH PISTACHIOS AND PUFFED QUINOA

 I had a very early meeting about social media. It was really good. I met some really nice people who had some great ideas. 

Last week I attended a webinar with a lady who gave some great advice: don't throw away leftovers. Save them for another dish. She was talking about icing but it can be used in other instances like chocolate. I had some leftover chocolate ganache from when I made the vanilla chocolate clouds so I decided to make something with it. I made Vegan Chocolate Bombs with pistachios and quinoa puffs inside. I got one review already and he said they are "great". I am more critical and I think they need more stuff inside. But I always think I can do better.

At the last minute I melted some leftover white chocolate and drizzled it on top to make them pretty. 

Okay, I have to vent. This evening a firetruck came to one of the houses across the street. The truck was blocking the street (as firetrucks do) while they were attending to the neighbors emergency. I don't know what the emergency was but they weren't rushing around. Another neighbor pulled up in his car and needed to get by the firetruck to park in his garage. Instead of going around the block or waiting, he got out of his car and asked the firetruck to move so he could park his car in the garage. Is it just me or has this world gone mad? Asking a firetruck to move during an emergency call so you can park your car in your garage. Is this the epitome of privilege or just not caring for your fellow humans or what? The worst part is that his children were in the car and this is what he is teaching his children. 

Of course, if you have been reading my blog for a long time, I have had run-ins with this bully neighbor before over my outside lights and me parking in my driveway. He thinks he owns the world. He thought he could tell me what to do, I think, because I am a female. Well, he wasn't ready for this female. I am not like the females in his life, that is for sure. He backed down quickly when I stood up to his bullying. 

They are not getting any of my baked goods!

Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

Would love to hear what you have to say!