Friday, February 11, 2022

BAKED VALENTINE'S DAY COOKIES

 I woke up today with three things to do today. 

  1. Take the softbox box down to the UPS drop-off location. I added tape handles late last night so I could carry the big box comfortably. The box holding the softbox is not that big but the shipping box is huge. It wasn't heavy just big. I walked it down to the place and the owner came outside with her handheld UPS machine and scanned it and then emailed me the receipt. We talked for a few minutes and I left. Easy peasy as I say.
  2. I then walked down to the post office to mail my ballot. It is election day next week and I wanted to make sure my vote was counted. There were only a few things to vote for and seriously not anything I really cared about but I did my civic duty.
  3. I baked the Valentine's Day cookies from the dough I made yesterday. I think they came out pretty good. I am going to ice them tomorrow.

I attended a webinar about chocolate covered strawberries that are made into roses. It was interesting and I learned a lot. I can now make chocolate strawberry roses. I haven't tried it yet but I know the technique. 

Update on Lucky: we had a hard night with her stomach issues but we finally fell asleep. She didn't eat this morning but ate some tonight. 

I bought her regular food because it is finally back in stock. It should arrive on Monday. I called the other company to see if I could cancel the order for the food she has been eating while her regular food was on back order and they said it may not have been shipped yet. (first what the heck! I ordered it last week!) They said if they can't cancel the order and it does get shipped they will refund my money since I called to try and cancel it because it is making her ill. So I am feeding her rice with chicken baby food meanwhile. 

Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. I got Sheryl the best valentines day card this year. I think i really outdid myself. We ony exchange cards at the store. I know we are old farts, but we had a great laugh once again.

    PS: Sheryl has always been a cheap date. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I am always looking for a way to do things inexpensively.

      Delete

Would love to hear what you have to say!