Thursday, February 24, 2022

BARTERING FOR COOKIES

 The soapy water cleaning the area is working. The soapy water is used to clean the area not to catch the ants. As it is told to me, the ants are basically blind so they leave a trail of something when they crawl so the other ants know where to go. If you just kill an ant, the other ants will come because they will follow the trail so you need to clean the trail and the best thing to use is soapy water. You should not just clean the space but take something like a paper towel and wet it and put dish soap on it and wipe down the area leaving it wet and soapy. That will leave a film of soapy water the ants do not like. So every time I see an ant I wipe down the area and where I think the ant came from. 

Today I resorted to putting out an ant bait trap. I know I love all creatures and I don't want to kill them but I love them outside and not attacking my kitchen workspace. I need to work tomorrow so I hope the ants are gone. 

What do I have to work on? My neighbor and I have decided to barter. I need someone to look at some documents that I can't figure out and he loves my cookies. So, I am going to bake him some cookies and he is going to review and summarize my documents and help me navigate them. It helps that he works in the legal field. I am thinking of decorating them in his alma mater's colors. 

I took Lucky on a longer walk today. I wanted to see if she was ready to go with the dog walker tomorrow. She is not. She was still limping when she walked quickly. I also talked to the Dr. about the weird reaction she has been having after taking her medicine. She has been quite anxious on this medicine. The Dr. told me to cut the dose in half and I gave her some this evening and she seems much better. The Dr. said Lucky is sidelined until at least Monday. If she is still limping she will have to get an x-ray. 

My new whipping cream dispenser came in the mail today. I will be able to finish my chocolate dessert now. Yay! I threw the other one away.

Out of the blue today, someone I met a few weeks ago contacted me and hired me as a consultant. I was happily shocked. I start working for her tomorrow. 

Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. Hey a cool hire out of the blue is wonderful. I wish you well. Yeah for Lucky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope Lucky gets better soon. I love her but she is driving me mad. She wants to go to the park.

      Delete

Would love to hear what you have to say!