Monday, February 21, 2022

DAY TWO HUNDRED NINE OF COOKING COURSE

 Today is President's Day. I spent the first part of the day relaxing. Then I decided that today was the day I was going to finish off the 2nd to last dessert for the Chocolate & Dessert Cooking Course. I want to move on to another chapter. This dessert is a 3-step dessert. I made the first step which was a Chocolate Espuma. It had to be put in a canister and put in the fridge to set. Then I did the second step which was a Chocolate Biscuit. Then I made the Chocolate Crumble. The last two parts were perfect. I took the Chocolate Espuma out of the fridge and let it defrost. Then I put the top on and put the C02 cartridge on. Nothing came out. I tried to take the top off the canister and it would not come off. Nothing worked to get it off. I asked two neighbors to get it off and they could not get it off either. It is stuck. Here are all the things I have tried: hot and cold water, putting it in the freezer, hitting it with a wrench, hitting it on a counter, using a wrench to turn it, and trying to pry under the cap with a knife (desperate times). It is not opening. 


 
I have an unfinished dessert that I hope to give away and try tomorrow. I gave my neighbors the chocolates I made yesterday. I got my first review: They are delicious!

Update on Lucky: she seems a bit better. She limped when she went out to pee today. She is really getting stir crazy. I left her alone to deliver the candies and she barked the whole time. She never does that. She is really clingy. 

Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. Of course they are delicious. They look wonderful. Good thoughts for Lucky!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Thanks for the good thoughts for Lucky. She is a sweet gal. She is asleep next to me on the couch.

      Delete

Would love to hear what you have to say!