Friday, February 4, 2022

DAY TWO HUNDRED SIX OF COOKING COURSE

 Busy day here today. I had a morning meeting and then once I got Lucky out the door to go to the park, I made more of the Espresso Truffles. I only made 1/2 of the the other day and I wanted to finish up making them. They are really good and I have to stop myself from eating them. I don't normally have caffeine so this is new to me. 

It is a rather lengthy process to make them, first part is pretty easy with the melting of the chocolate and adding some things and then chilling it and cutting it. The second part is the messy and harder part. First I don't really like things on my hands: hand cream, sunscreen, etc. so putting chocolate all over my hands is not an enjoyable experience. I have to pick up the pieces of chilled chocolate, dip my fingers in melted chocolate and rub it on the piece of chocolate, then put that piece of chocolate in a bowl filled with cocoa powder and coffee powder.  Then I fish those pieces of chocolate out of the powder with a fork and put it in a sieve. Once the sieve has a bunch of pieces of chocolate in it, I dump the sieve after shaking it to get any excess powder out. All this with chocolate on my hands. Now, at this point you are probably asking why I don't dip the chocolate pieces in the melted chocolate? I don't want gobs of melted chocolate on the pieces of chocolate, I just want a coating enough so the powder will stick. If there is too much melted chocolate, it falls off once the powder comes in contact with it. This whole process has to be done rather quickly before the melted chocolate that is put on the pieces of chocolate firms up and the powder won't stick. 

Now you may see why I did it in two batches. It takes a long time to do a lot of little pieces of chocolate. I didn't want to do large truffles of espresso. No one wants that much espresso at one time, at least I don't! Just a little 1" by 1" or 1-1/2" by 1-1/2" piece is perfect maybe a 2" by 2" but no bigger. 

I am on to the next chocolate dessert now since I have all my ingredients. I may make something with lemons too since I have a whole tree full of lemons. Maybe lemon cupcakes with lemon curd decorated for Valentines Day. Or lemon cookies for Valentine's Day. Who knows?? 

I made a stir fry for dinner that was bok choy, broccoli, frozen peas, Thai noodles, sauce and a Boca spicy chik'n veggie patty cut up. It was really good. 

 
Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. You should try chocolate covered bok choy? Well OK, not a good idea, but an idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have thought of different combinations: chocolate covered potato chips is one idea. Not so sure about the bok choy. LOL

      Delete

Would love to hear what you have to say!