Saturday, June 26, 2021

PRIDE MOVIE SATURDAY

 This was a day of watching Pride weekend movies.  I watched one last night and I had three to watch today.  The one last night was super boring and I fast forwarded through it.  It just wasn't for me.  

The first one today was a bunch of shorts put into video form so they were one long movie.  I thought some were good and some were funny.  I especially liked three of them.  

Sunday Dinner was hysterical!  It was about an Italian family having their typical Sunday dinner.  One has news.  You would think it was him saying he was gay but no it was that he is a vegan.  It was a bit like a SNL skit recently.  The family goes berserk.   

Another short that was funny was Thank You For Being There.  It is two roommates where one thinks she is pregnant and she has to pee on the stick.  It was just funny since the whole thing is filmed in the bathroom.

The third short I thought was funny was The Test.  It had a funny ending.  Girlfriends are in a doctors office because they are getting a test.  For what?  You don't know.  I won't ruin it for you but it has a funny and surprise ending.  

Then I watched another movie called Invisible about lesbians in country music.  You might say what lesbians in country music??  I would say watch the documentary and you will find out why there are no visible lesbians in country music.  It was very insightful and proved what I figured all along.  Gays and lesbians are everywhere, you just don't know it. 

Then I watched Jump, Darling.  Not sure why it is called that title.  It is about a drag queen/actor who breaks up with his boyfriend and moves in with his grandmother (played by Cloris Leechman as her final role).  It was well written and entertaining.  It felt like a movie I would see in the movie theater.  Cloris Leechman was fabulous.  It had a great story line.  

Tomorrow I have two more movies to watch to finish out my Gay Pride Weekend extravaganza!

Lucky and I had time to take a long walk in the middle of these movies.  It was hot and humid today so it was not much fun.  Plus we had to rush because Amazon was coming.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!