Wednesday, June 16, 2021

DAY ONE HUNDRED FORTY-FIVE OF COOKING COURSE

 I was showered and ready for my zoom call with my doctor and nothing.  I waited. And waited.  I called the office and no one answered.  Just so you know I got about 10 reminders in the last two weeks because my healthcare system is converting from one system to another system so the old system was sending me reminders plus the new system was sending me reminders.  I was ready.  I was there.  No doctor.  

An hour later I got a phone call from her assistant saying that the change over to the new system did not change over all the appointments on her calendar and she was off this week.  So the assistant did not even know about my appointment to change it.  So she was incredibly apologetic and we set up another appointment next week.  All good.  At least I didn't drive somewhere and park.  Then I would not have been so nice. I was sitting on my couch watching TV.

Once Lucky was off with the dog walker, I started baking.  I made Salted Carmel Chocolate Bars. Of course I waited until the hottest day of 2021 so far.  It was 80 something degrees.  The chocolate was melting when I was cutting the bars.  The bars taste so good.  I ate a bit when I was cutting them for the photo.


I have plenty of bars and will give some away.  I gave my dog walker a piece of the blondies from yesterday.  I will give him some of these Chocolate Bars.  

I did not walk today.  I waited so long for the doctor and then the rescheduling phone call.  Then I had a work phone call.  Then I had to wait for Lucky's pick up.  By then it was the mid-day heat.  Then I had to bake to get it done in time.  By then it is time for Lucky to come back and I have to feed her and pay attention to her.  It was too hot to take her out with me after her dinner.  It is 9:24 pm and I am sitting here with my windows open. That would have been unheard of three days ago it was so cold and windy. Tomorrow it is supposed to be even hotter so we will have to walk early in the morning.  I have mail to post so we can do that. 

I can also take my neighbor so baked goods.  He had brain surgery a few months ago and has been recovering.  He said he would love some baked goods.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!